I started my own blog three years ago. My sister and I learned how to make money from our own website from a friend. At the time, it was a “secret”, we were told to keep this information to ourselves because ‘if everyone started doing this, it might take away from our earnings potential.” We have found only the opposite to be true. Every website is different. Each has its own niche, its own audience and person behind it. No matter how many websites there are, you can still make money!
After learning how to make money online, it has completely changed my life. I used to be a working mother, now I can stay at home with my kids, and work during my kids nap time! This is something that even kids can do, in fact, kids are so tech-savvy these days, they may even have the advantage. I want to share exactly how to do this so that your kids can start making money now and gaining invaluable life experience from a young age. Can you even imagine if you had residual income as a kid? It is SO possible now.
How much can you make from your own website?
After creating my own website, I made $150 dollars in the first month. By month 4, I had a post go viral and I made over $4000 that month! I won’t mislead you, and say that you will have the exact same $$$ experience that I did, because the money comes differently for every website. To get a viral post that early in the business, I feel was very lucky. But, EVERYONE can make money by creating a niche website. I think that the friend that taught us did not want “everyone” to know how to make money from their own website because somehow she thought that it would be competing for traffic. Let me just tell you, there is enough web traffic to go around. I promise. This chart below shows my income for the first few months. I was making between $10 -$275 per day. Can you tell when I had a post go viral in September? When it happened, I could not believe that I was making over $200/day for something that I did three months prior. That my friend is the beauty of making your own website. After my viral post, I got hacked. I have had to overcome that to get my traffic back up. My advice is that you use ridiculously hard passwords and if you have the money, spring for the Domain Security in Step 3 below. I wish that I had. That hack costed me thousands of dollars in money that I could have earned. Instead, my traffic plummeted. Who knows how long the post would have been viral without that hack. I try not to think about it.
How to create a new website?
Simple, you need two things.
- A Web Domain (URL) – Example: www.howtomakemoneyasakid.com
- Web Hosting – I use BlueHost for several reasons, I won’t go way too in depth in this post but basically, (a.) It is affordabe, and (b.) it gives you the best bang for your buck.
If you already have purchased a domain elsewhere, you can simply transfer it over to BlueHost during the setup. This $3.95 deal will be hard to beat especially considering all that you are getting with it! I wish this sale was going on when I started. As your website grows, you will upgrade as needed if you need more server power (meaning able to host hundreds of thousand of viewers monthly, yes you can get there! We did!).
Step by Step Instructions for Creating Your Own Website for Adults and Kids: 6 Easy Steps
- Get a free domain! Not all domains are free, but with BlueHost, you get a free domain with hosting. So take advantage of that! Gotta love FREE whenever you can get it. My tip for you is is to us a domain that resembles your topic. If your topic is paracord bracelets, try getting www.paracordbracelets.com. This will help search engines find you. The more traffic you get, the more money you will make. See Screenshot Below
- Add your account information. See Screenshot Below***By signing up though out Bluehost link, you will receive a FREE eBook. See details near the bottom of this page.***
- Select a package. As always, you have to spend money to make money, but this one pays off QUICK. When I was a kid, I sold golf balls, cookies and drinks on the golf path at the course nearby. I sat out there day after day. I learned so much by calculating how much money I spent, and how much I actually made that day. Had this website opportunity existed back then, I definitely would have spent the time and minimal initial investment (just like purchasing my sodas and cookie dough up front) on creating my own website. If I had, I would still be making money from the same business! Website money IS residual passive income because you create the content once, and you get paid every time people view it. Genius really. Remember my “hack” story from above when you are deciding what upgraded that you want. If you have the money, there is no better investment than protecting your content. See Screenshot Below for package information.
- Add your billing information. For many kids, this will be the parents billing information. There is not a greater gift to your child than to invest in their success. I am confident that they will be making money if they follow all of our steps so they will be able to start paying you monthly for the bill. Note to Parents: YES! Make them pay you back every single month! Don’t let your kids go on thinking that money magically appears or bills magically get paid. Help them calculate costs to see how much they are really earning. The more that kid will learn now, about how businesses really work, the better prepared for success they will be in real life. See Screenshot Below
- You are in! This is what your back-end looks like once you have logged on. First step: Install WordPress (the intuitive website builder, no coding skills needed to have amazing looking websites). See Red Arrow on Screenshot Below
- Setup WordPress and start designing! Bluehost and WordPress work seamlessly together. The best way to learn WordPress is to start browsing/clicking around. I have my favorite themes and plug-ins (apps) that I use that help me make money, but you will easily find the way that you like to design and create content. If I had one suggestion, it would be, pick a niche and stick to it! Blogging about fashion one day and tech news the next, it is harder for Google and search engines to determine what your site is actually about. If you pick one topic that you love, like how to make paracord bracelets, and fill your website with that, every time someone googles, “how to make paracord bracelets” they will find you because YOU are the expert. If you need extra help, there are countless YouTube videos to show you how to use it.
How to Make Money with your new Website
Now, the two things on your site that you need to make money is:
- affiliate links
Once your website is built, (not before or you will get denied for lack of content), apply for Google Adsense to get ads and Affiliate networks such as ShareASale, CJ or Amazon Affiliate. Anytime you make a referral for a product, you can use an affiliate link to earn a commission at no extra cost to your readers. Pretty sweet deal.Make sure to disclose that you have affiliate links on your website and make sure to always read the terms and conditions of Adsense and your affiliate networks. You can also make money with your own eBooks and products too so find that niche of yours and start making some Real Money!
- Congrats! You are all set up to make money from your new website!
We truly appreciate that you came to our website and hope that you find value in this instructional post. Because we work closely as an affiliate with Bluehost, we gain a commission from any referrals that we send to them. Don’t worry, this is at no extra cost to you. You are getting the best deal there is. (P.S Once you have built your website, you can also become a Bluehost affiliate as one avenue of earning $$$ money from your new website. Wahoo!) To show our appreciation for using our referral link, we would like to give you a FREE GIFT!
To get a copy of this FREE eBook, send us an e-mail to email@example.com with the URL that you signed up and we will send you your BONUS GIFT (valued at $5.99 at our e-book store).
If you already have Bluehost, and would like to purchase this eBook use CODE: “BLUEHOST” to get $2 OFF