Are you one of the talented people in the world that love crafts? What about crafts that make money: jewelry, home decor, sewing, painting, woodworking, crocheting, gifts, etc.? Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could sell handicrafts online like these?
That is what LeiLei Secor did, and she is paying for college with things to make and sell from home like rings and other jewelry (see below for a sample of her unique rings).
But, just like in cliff jumping, you are going to want to know what is in the water before you dive. So let’s talk about what kinds of crafts to make and sell for profit and what handcrafted products will put you in the hole.
The following examples are from the top categories of easy craft ideas that sell well online.
As you look through the pictures, keep your creative juices flowing…these art and craft ideas are meant to inspire you. These have all been done, so choose something you like and put your own unique twist on your handcrafted products.
50 Crafts to Make and Sell from Home
- Customized Computer stickers
- Customized Stickers
- Personalized Pillows
- Burlap letters
- Etched glasses
- Baby clothes
- Personalized Jewelry
- Pet Memorabilia
- Personalized Holiday
- Bridal Shower dec
- Baby Shower Decor
- Wedding Fun
- Wedding flowers
- Birthday decor
- Craft Kits
- Personalized clothes
- Kids Toys
- Kids games
- Specialty Candy
- Candy Favors
- Vinyl & heat transfer supplies
- Pet Hacks
- Personalized Pet supplies
- Personalized Clocks
- Wedding Favors
- Mom Hacks
- Minimalist Wall Designs
- Craft supplies
- Personalized gifts for men
- Unique twist on beauty & Grooming items
- Facial Hair Supplies
- Technology Accessories
- Marbleizing things
- Wall decor
- Office desk hacks
- Unique Mirrors
- Electronic cord solutions
- Jewelry organizer
- Kid decor
- Beautifying Products
- Seasonal Crafts
- Light Fixtures
- Unique Organization solutions
- String Art
- Make-up Solutions
- Personalized tumblers
- Comic Book Magnets
Of all these things to make and sell from home, which appeals most to you? Take your pick, make it unique, and you are ready to get rolling.
How to be Successful with Crafts that Make Money
Here are some tips that will help you be prosperous:
- Choose crafts that make money, that will sell well
- Create items that are affordable.
- Select items that are light/easy to ship.
- Use coupon codes.
- Target women, especially mothers. They are the shoppers!
- Whatever niche you choose, offer personalization.
- Have a reasonable return policy.
- When you get an order, get it in the mail quickly and communicate with your buyer. (If you do a personalization, it may be a good idea to send them a picture and ask if they like it before sending it. Be careful with this, though, that people don’t abuse you and ask for endless changes.)
- Good photography makes a HUGE difference. Make sure you take very good pictures of your products (clear photos, good lighting, no shadows).
Now you have the ideas! Be like Nike and just do it! Crafts that make money won’t make you any money until you jump in and try it!
You may want to test your art and craft ideas before going online by selling to neighbors, family members, and other people you know.
When you do start to sell handicrafts online, make sure you choose your medium wisely.
Etsy is a good place to start. Then consider Amazon Homemade and other sites. This article about LeiLei Secor’s success shows how finding the right platform for you can make a huge difference.
Good luck! Email me here to run your idea by me!